Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gettin it done

Today was payday. I got up early to go get my check and cash it. Got a money order to send a big payment to one of the credit cards.
I paid my half of the rent. I bought dog food and groceries for me. Put gas in the car and now I'm practically broke again. I spent less on my groceries than anything else. It's kinda funny in a way.
I almost got a 12 pack of Ramen. It was in my cart for about 5 minutes before I put it back. I don't want to be the kind of broke/poor person who lives on Ramen. Plus it's not healthy, way way too much sodium, and how do you pack almost 400 calories into a package of noodles?!?
I got some spinach and frozen stir fry veggie mix, ground turkey(1/2 the price of ground beef!), another pack of yeast, and a couple of other things. I have chicken, cheese, and burrito wraps left from the last shopping trip. Plus beans, rice, and pasta from who knows how long ago.
No work for me tomorrow. I need to get housework caught up. I will bake bread and I'm going to attempt to make homemade refried beans so I can use up the rest of those wraps. I also need to plan a menu for the next 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Ron said...

You made the better choice by putting the noodles back, keep on making those better choices!

J. Bell said...

Hi I'm Roxy.
Good for you, making healthier choices. You can get whole grain pasta with flax, and a jar of all-natural pasta sauce for about the same amount as a flat of ramen noodles!

I just started a blog about my journey to lose 50 pounds in a healthy way. I'd love for you to check it out and tell me what you think!