Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Same old, same old

I've been stuck at 205 since the first of June. In my rational brain I know that it's going to be harder to lose weight. A 240 lb body burns more calories than a 205 lb body when doing the same thing. So I feel the need to change what I've been doing. I went to the library yesterday and got several books. I think, no I know I need to add in more exercises. So far I've been walking 98% of the time for exercise. I've messed around with some free weights I have a few times.

I decided the other day I'm going to focus on the positive. I walked today for an hour. The route I take is getting easier to do. I am still losing inches. Shirts that used to be quite snug are so loose it's comical. It's been years, at least 10, since I've weighed 205. I may slip, have off days, eat things I shouldn't, and not walk or exercise for several days...but I will never let myself go back to being a 240 lb junk food eating couch potato!

No comments: